Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Victim

She sat at her desk, complaining.
The work piled in, she would whine.
I asked her how she was feeling,
her answer, surprisingly was, “fine”.

I don’t get it, this manner of living.
I don’t fathom how one could allow,
their negativity to continue staining,
the energy around them so foul.

I could feel the anger and resentment.
This ugliness was thick and alive.
Yet, she would open her New Testament,
and preach to me for what goals I should strive!

My stomach I felt in knots,
when she felt the need to save me,
people like her create their lots,
never realizing it’s their faults completely.

We each have a choice how we approach our life.
We create our unhappiness or joy.
Some focus on the good, some only on the strife.
Some take it serious, some like a toy.

It’s my belief that when Christ walked,
This was the Truth he spoke of.
Did anyone listen when he talked.
Too busy looking for miracles from above.

We within have such power contained,
“As I do so you shall and more”.
Yet our objections we have sustained,
As though afraid to open the door.

Christ knew this, he knew our faults and fears.
He tried with his eloquence to explain,
His frustrations must have driven him to tears.
God’s own tears fell from the heavens like rain.

“What would Jesus do?”
Is a commonly used motto,
those that truly understand are few,
for others it just a slogan for show.
The next time this woman begins,
to preach to me of our Lord,
I will propose she look at her own sins,
and the misery she does hoard.

“He who is perfect, let him cast the first stone”,
I will ask that she put down the rock.
And take a look at herself, alone.
There’s a door within, only she can unlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment