Wednesday, July 29, 2009

caught a glimpse of god today

I caught a glimpse of God today,
in my little girl’s smile as she greeted me this morning.
She crawled up into my arms and hugged me tight,
and for a moment she and I were all that were.
I saw God this late evening,
as an elderly lady slowly made her way across the street.
The light turned green before she made it through the cross walk, yet…
no one honked their horns and I even saw people smile her way…patient.
I imparted God’s will when I took a moment to forgive another for a transgression that, in hindsight, really didn’t matter.
That moment of forgiveness blossomed into a flowing of goodness and
good feeling that grew and grew as our conversation continued.
I felt God’s presence in an email sent to me,
an email expressing a love both profound and pure between two of God’s children, one of which I am honored to call my friend and spiritual mentor.
His words evoked in me a sense of joy that God’s love finds us all when we find each other, most often when we least expect it….God’s surprise gift.
We don’t have to look far to see, feel and know God….we just have to open our eyes and wait…we will catch a glimpse….

No comments:

Post a Comment