Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Soulmate

Alright, I admit it,
deep down inside it's there.
For all my words of "I don't need nobody!",
I long for my Soulmate to share.

Share with me his thoughts, his soul, his body.
Hold me tight when I need him to.
Listen quietly when I rant and rave.
Always and only speak words that are true.

About my independence, my freedom so vital,
this is the noise I frequently spout.
Yet, when my babies are sleeping and I'm finally alone,
in creeps the loneliness I struggle to keep out.

I miss the physical, I am a sexual being.
But more than that, or perhaps inclusively,
I need a man who can stimulate my mind,
I need a man who can speak intelligently.

So many times I've been disillusioned and hurt,
deeply afraid I am to chance a clean slate,
but, if I let the past control my future,
I'll never meet him...my Soulmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment