Thursday, July 30, 2009

my heart's desires...

my heart's desires...they're simple really...
they come by way of experiences had...
rather than in the form of the tangible...
give me my 6 year old dancing or my 5 year old's hugs...
my 13 year old negotiating with me like a pro, although i'm still going to say no...
give me a Maxi Priest song playin on the radio under a moonlit night...
sitting in my lawn chair and listening to notes traveling afar...
offer me the smell of jasmine and lavender on a breezy summer's late afternoon...
a sit under a tall oak tree while fireflys flit around me...
give me good friends laughing around a bottle of wine, with live music playing in the background...
luscious lips to kiss, strong arms to hold me...
let me be me...crazy, neurotic, silly me...that's all i need...

No comments:

Post a Comment