Thursday, July 30, 2009

night sounds...

The night sounds echo all around me...
The sky a deep, blue-black, dotted with an
immensity of stars.
I lie on the ground and breathe a deep, deep breath of contentment.
Nothing to prove, no one to impress...I am at peace.
I live my days playing the "game", sometimes bending the rules a bit,
here and there-
just because it's funny to watch the confusion on people's faces.
It's not real - what we must do to exist day to day, not reality,
just an existence we've created.
We've deluded ourselves - we've fallen asleep.
And now, I'm waking up...I'm just beginning to see.
And, it's freeing me from a life of doubt - a life of insecurity.
I have a long way to go yet - but, as I lie here - looking up at this great expanse of sky, I feel a love I know I've known before...
and it feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment