Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm gonna take my 'moment' and run...

I see you from across the room...oh shit...you're making your way toward me...
you have that look on your face...that look that says, somebody else has
yet again...
done you wrong...
it's a mix of anger, disdain, reproach and the constant irritability that becomes second nature...
to one who is a perpetual...
victim...
I try to escape...I look around for a way out...my mind racing for an excuse, any reason...
to get the hell outta your fucking way...
fuck...
too late, i'm backed into a corner and the drone of your self righteousness has begun to...
yet again...
grate upon my nerves...
and then I realize...
why do I allow m'self to suffer through your whining?
why do I let m'self judge you for your judgments?
Doesn't that, in essence, make me...just a little bit...
like you?
I mean...seriously...why do we take ourselves so seriously?
And if we don't like where we are...where we've CHOSEN to be in this moment...
why don't we just leave?
Are we so arrogant to b'lieve that this moment, is somehow...
ok to fuck with, ok to waste...as if we're somehow an exception to the Universal law that governs...
all that is...b'cuz people...all that is ain't guaranteed...and this moment, is precious indeed...
why waste our “nows” by bemoaning our momentary station in life when we could be taking chances...taking risks...living in every sense of the word, rather than simply surviving and becoming...
victims of circumstance.
You make your way towards me...you begin your tirade but, your moment of self pity...at the very least with me...is short lived...because...this time...
i'm gonna take my moment and run...

No comments:

Post a Comment