Friday, November 6, 2009

thank you...

it use to be...
i was easily impressed by a favorable mention,
i was easily impressed by the obvious...
no longer is this so...
i find, i've become particular...
if you speak to my mind, my soul...i want to hear more...
don't tell me i am beautiful
if you haven't had time to know my soul...
beauty being only skin deep...your compliments fall empty,
unless you have taken the time to know the soul within...
listen...weigh heavy my words...
challenge me, make me accountable...
respectfully i will consider your views...
thankfully, i will examine my own...
to fight the good fight, it is imperative,
to be clear on all the vantages, all the facets that are possible...
question me, challenge me...anger me if you must...
i will respect the truth of what you say...
i may take it on... i may...hehehehe...
or i may not...that's ok tho'...
you made me think...you made me examine all that is....
this is a good thing...for this i am grateful...
for this privilege...let's go grab a beer, listen to good music,
converse, argue, make up and talk some more...
be the inspiration that challenges me to be my best and then some...
and know that when all is said and done, i have but this to say to you....

thank you....

No comments:

Post a Comment