Sunday, November 1, 2009

the spirit dance

i close my eyes and let the music envelop my senses,
headphones allowing only for the notes of one song,
then another to enter upon my listening...
my body sways, surrendering to my soul's wanderings...
like a flame flickering, fed only by the sound of instrumental musings,
the exploration of a world not far from our fingertips,
a place we once could see and if we let them, our children can teach us about,
before we erase their memories with our well meant teachings...
a place set deep in our hearts,
a memory we all share but can't all seem to remember...
music, in the midnight hour is to me a release...
momentary freedom from the bonds of fears taught to me from a past
i'd like nothing more than to distance myself from forever...
take the lessons gleaned yes, but forget, sweetly erase the memories of the pain evoked...
when i let myself float upon the music, i remember from whence i came...
i see my spirit's vibrance as though stepped back from myself...
my soul gazes back with loving eyes and then i step in...
back into myself and i become again what i have always been...
i sway with a spirit's grace, colors played upon by the light that is mine...
the light that is within and shines through my own eyes...
out to a world struggling also to dance the spirit's dance...
the music is playing, always, the Creator tenaciously continues to strum the strings,
waiting so patient for our awakening...for our dance back...
back to the light that we carry inside as subtle reminders of the brilliance that borne us...
words barely express my own joy as my spirit takes over and i sway...
vibrant colors, light plays upon light...and all this with eyes closed, looking in...

No comments:

Post a Comment