Thursday, November 5, 2009

And what?!

And what? Whatchu gots to say?
I beat the odds oh yeah I did...
I didn't believe the lies...
I didn't allow your own inferiorities to become
mine.
I kept on keepin on.
and my power is paying off..
you see, my power is my own...
has nothing to do with your lack of faith...
my power stems from a deep place, a profound knowing.
I know what I can do.
I know what I can offer.
To believe any less in myself is not only a sin...
I would later regret.
It is a disservice I would have committed against the world.
I am a force to be reckoned with...
this scares you.
As I write this arrogant prose,
I realize,
You fear me!
You have reason to!
Ha! Yeah I'm makin my dreams reality.
So...
What? Whatchu gots to say?
Not a damn thing, yeah.
When in the presence of greatness one does find oneself rendered
Speechless.
That's ok tho'...
I enjoy the silence your shock is awarding me.
I enjoy the breeze of success blowing upon my skin after
the work and sweat I put into making my dream come true...
feels good, feels real good...so...
what? Whatchu gots to say?
Ahhh not a damn thing huh? Cool, wouldn't take a moment,
No, no more precious moments to entertain your fears.
Step off, I've got things to do...
What...never mind...don't care whatchu gots to say...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! totally resonates with me. Looking forward to reading many many more of your poems...and prose. Do you livein Arizona? If so...so many of these would be AMAZING read out-loud a local open mic...night @ a venue I frequent...
    ~Peace,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete