Thursday, May 19, 2011

i am...

i want to visit the space between what once was and what can be
i want to create a better way than the way i have been living
i want to start right now, pick up my broken pieces and put them together
any damn way i please...
fuck the opinions of others,
and whether i fit the status quo...
the status quo never gave a shit about my joy...
i tire of agreements i never agreed to
i was born into the should be, should do, should feel concepts
created by others who were afraid to live authentic...
and here i am, here we all are,
trying to fit their mold...
i seek to break that mold,
i seek to breathe a real breath...
deep...
i want to walk in rain...write words that move people...
i want to sit with my children and listen to their ideas, their dreams...
i want to build m'self a sanctuary using the love that surrounds me,
lit by a light encompassed within me...
i want to dance in the moonlight and love with all my heart...
...and i will...
...and i am...
on my own terms...
with my own subtle uniqueness...
i am...

No comments:

Post a Comment