Thursday, May 19, 2011

the best i can be...

sometimes you just gotta accept
that, the way things are
are simply, just the way things are...
the cliche 'it is what it is'
is by it's simplicity
such a truth...
my brother hurts and he lashes out at me...
the only brother i have left, i only hope that someday,
he'll realize his own truths and let me be me...
my best friend hurts, somehow, i failed her
and i don't even know how, but,
someday...i hope she'll have the patience to work with me...
and keep our old friendship new again...
my oldest friend and first real love took his own life...
and this, by far, has been the hardest reality to accept...
that he's gone and i have to keep on moving forward without him...
and there's not a damn thing i can do but to be the best i can be...
somehow, figure out what that is...
and be
the
best
i
can
be...

No comments:

Post a Comment