Monday, April 4, 2011

oh how i'd love...

to go back in time and sit in on a lecture given by Socrates, with a tape recorder hidden in my pocket and not with the intent to come back and make a profit...just to have - wow!

to live to be 100 years old and then, 6 more months. this way, for 6 months i can say, “I’m a century old”. after that, i’ll be ready to go with a big smile on my face...…

to see every one of my girls grow up and make at least one of their dreams come true, despite my mistakes...

to be there when one of my girls gives birth...

to be financially secure enough that i never have to ask for help, ever…instead, i'm there for another...

to own a sweet ass Harley and take a road trip cross country...

to hold my dearest friends close always, even when we live far apart...

to be a recognized and respected writer...

to understand Quantum Physics...

to grow a vegetable garden & feed my family from it...

to fall in love with a good man, an understanding and spiritual man...he must be strong enough to put me in my place if need be but smart enough to choose his words carefully...i want a man secure enough and comfortable enough to be in the same room with me and not need to fill the silence with talk...i want him to be funny, or at least to be able to recognize funny and laugh dammit, laugh out loud!

to look at my mistakes as lessons and learn from them!

to live up to my own standards...

to look at my enemies as brothers and sisters...

to finally understand and be altruistic...

to meet the Dahli Lama who exemplifies altruistim...

to be alive when the Tibetans are finally able to go home...

to be old and gray, sitting in my chair reflecting on my life with no regrets and some pretty damn good stories to tell.

to be of the presence of mind that when my grandchildren sneak cookies from their mommas’ cupboards, i don’t reprimand them, i join them!

to know serenity...

to finally know serenity...

No comments:

Post a Comment