Thursday, January 28, 2010

mi salma...

i know this girl...
she is my storyteller...
i know that i can count on her to make things make sense...
she is my soul sistah...
my friend,
my compadre...
she is crazy in the kitchen...
can cook like nobody's business...
i do believe that when she's creating that incredible meal...
her grandmothers are living thru her...guiding her to know what spice
goes with what herb...
she is magic...
she comes up with analogies that make me stand in awe...
cuz they make perfect sense...
crazy chic could write a book from those analogies...
she is a mother who has raised her children from the deepest of loves...
her sacrifices have been great but, she would have it no other way...
she took on her role as Mother ready to give all of herself...
and all of herself she gave...
and gives still...
profound are the children she has raised...
these 3...Leyla, Donta, Maya...
man, they light up any room they enter...
they carry their own innate magic and...
they carry their Mama's magic...
my only wish...
my greatest hope,
is that she know...
she is my storyteller,
my soul sistah...
my friend...
and blessed am i to know her...

No comments:

Post a Comment