Wednesday, January 27, 2010

love knows me...

always i have felt things from such a deep place...
i remember, 6 years old, inconsolable over a dead bird in my backyard...
until mi madre showed me that with the death of that bird,
came life...an exchange that meant, in essence...
the bird would go on living in other living things...
i remember camping and my father teaching me to be quiet and listen...
the woods were speaking to me...the trees had secrets they wanted me to hear...
i learned to respect Mother Earth...and, to have compassion...
because, not everyone was as fortunate as i...
not everyone was taught their inherent value, their innate worth...
it is my belief that if people...all People, were taught how precious they were...
they might, just might...know to value all that was around them...
i learned to have love even when whom i would love was immersed in self hate...
i grew up knowing that no one is beyond healing...
it's a choice after all...
sometimes this deep place i feel from is too hard...
hurts this living soul...
but the pain i feel ebbs with time...
and oddly enough, only adds to my being...
i regret nothing...even mistakes i've made...
because those mistakes served as doorways to worlds
i needed to explore...
and i am grateful,
because i know love...
and love...yeah...
love knows me...

No comments:

Post a Comment